Friday 24 September 2010

24/09/2010 - Day 24 of 63, Cycle 2 end of the second three dayer

Well today was the last day of my second inpatient visit.  In terms of drugs:

  1. 1 x Etoposide (1hr)
  2. 2 x Saline (2 x 4hrs)
Today's excitement has been should I/shouldn't I have booster jabs!  Well this became one of those on/off/on sagas.  Yesterday the consultant said yes, then this morning the chemo nurse said yes, then the pharmacist came to see me and said no definitely no, and then at 17:30 my consultant came to see me and said yes I definitely need them and the pharmacist is on the case.  And by 18:00 a different pharmacist came to say my drugs have been done and are in the fridge!

Now why was this "exciting", because I rang my district nurse in the morning to set up a weekend appointment, then lunchtime I rang up and cancelled it, and then 17:30 I rang again to set it up again.  But... the fly in the ointment is that the district nurse(s) stop answering the phone at 17:00, so I rang my GPs and have three choices: 1) go to the local A+E, 2) ring NHS direct, 3) ring NHS out of hours!  Why?  Because my district nurses don't work weekends, it's another group!  Now I don't really want to go to A+E because I currently have a paranoid attitude towards people that I don't need to see given my immunity system (and A+E is full of ill people...), so tomorrow will be another day of phone calls... It shouldn't be that hard, should it?!

Anyway, I feel tired but okay at the moment.  Saline finishes at 22:00 and then sleep without a cannula, and home tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment