Thursday 9 September 2010

2010/09/09 - Day 9 of 63, a letter to the head

Today has been a good day:)  It's the first day since treatment started that I've managed to feel almost "normal".  I think that's how this chemotherapy goes - in peaks and troughs, and am hopefully in a good position for tomorrow's bleomycin.

And because I've felt better today, I actually managed to do some work (small steps), but it felt good.  Sadly the quality of my work isn't/wasn't great, but the fact that I am wanting to do something is, I think, good.  Now if tomorrow works out okay, I might even be able to finish something workwise that other people in my company need!  I did spend sometime yesterday and today on the phone to one of my colleagues and it was clear that he enjoyed today's conversation more (I was pretty pathetic yesterday!).

As for the title of this post well the kids went back to school yesterday, so this evening I've had some homework to do - write a letter to the head explaining my situation and how it might affect the kids.  I am hoping that new school year will just be too exciting for them and my "blip" in health will be something that, for them, goes unnoticed.  That said the school do need to know, because they need to understand if/why my children's behaviour changes over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment