Sunday 5 September 2010

2010/09/01 - Day 1 of 63

September 1st was the start date for my treatment.  I had a final CT scan just to confirm that my tumour had grown (from1.9 - 2.2 cm).  This first day was long; it took time to have the scan, time to get various forms authorised, time to get the chemo-drugs.  All of that, plus a lot of self-induced adrenaline made for a busy day.

By lunchtime it had been confirmed that my treatment should go ahead, by 16:30 I'd finally had a conversation with my oncologist's senior registrar and signed my consent form.

Finally the moment I'd been waiting(?!) for happened - 18:00 and with my cannula attached to my left forearm it was time for the first chemo infusions:

  1. 1 x Etoposide - 1 hour
  2. 2 x Cisplatin - 4 hours
  3. 1 x Saline - 4 hours
Just the 9 hours to start with, which took me through until 03:30 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment