Friday 24 September 2010

23/09/2010 - Day 23 of 63, Catching up with a friend

Forgot to mention, my missus went for some R&R yesterday (Amsterdam I believe) with some friends.  This was a bit of a quandary for her, because she (obviously) didn't want to go with me in "here" and felt guilty.  But I (and her parents) persuaded her that it was for her best (and my best) that she got away from it all.  I am bound to be pathetic when I come out from there, as I was last time, so she'd better get some rest now, whilst she can!!

But because she's worried about me being lonely, I managed to hook up with one of my swimming buddies from my last job (new job beginning of this year meant I've not swum this her for ages).  Also she is my "platonic swimming soul mate".  Anyway it was lovely to catch up, chat about old times, talk about cancer-stuff (I do that a lot) and other bits and pieces.  Made my day that did.

As for the treatment, well day 2 of the cycle is a bit of all meds:

  1. 1 x Bleomycin - 30 minutes
  2. 1 x Etoposide - 1 hour
  3. 2 x Cisplatin - 4 hours
  4. 1 x Saline - 4 hours
The other bit of day 2, is that I got the wifi password and spend loads of time working...:)  Actually I think I spent too much time working as today I feel completely worn out (but still won't stop me doing some more after this).  I am conscious that we have work deadlines and the "team" needs me (I like to think so) and also I am pretty sure that next week I'll want to do bugger all, so I'd better do what I can, when I can.

All in all a very good day.  Sb seeing my friend really hit home how important friendships are, and (not withstanding my current situation) how I love my "new" job and changes that it's enforced, but I do miss our little (elite) swim club and the people who are/were there.  But life moves on...

No comments:

Post a Comment