Saturday 18 September 2010

2010/09/17 - Day 17 of 63, I didn't swoon!

Yesterday was day 17, which was my third short of bleomycin (second as an outpatient).  This time around, my sister came with me, which was nice because (according to google) it's a 350 mile round trip for her!

She came up on the Thursday and we had a good meal together, then Friday we (she!) drove to The Christie, stopping for coffee and a sandwich on the way, in the sun.

Once there I had a different chemo-nurse, but the same problem.  She huffed and puffed and her first attempt with the cannula she said, "Oh, I've come up against a junction, sorry...", so it was out with that one and try with my other wrist!  At least this time I didn't faint!  And probably the reason for that was that (from the results of my blood test) that this time around I had/have a "good" white blood cell count (10.something) and platelet count (22.something).

The actual bleo was fine and everything (other than the "up a junction" episode) worked well, and no booster jabs this week...

Now I am looking forward to Wednesday, the start of cycle 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment