Saturday 18 September 2010

2010/09/18 - Day 18 of 63, hair today...

Not much to say today.  I am feeling really well at the moment.  I put it down to the booster jabs and my immune system coming back.  But I feel better (in myself and physically) than I have since the diagnosis of my (little) relapse.

Something I noticed a good week ago was that my hair had stopped growing; I tend to wear "designer" stubbing and short hair, and usually when I am stressed (and I have been stressed) it grow pretty quickly.  Well I think I've only strimmed my stubble twice since starting chemo.  That said it hasn't yet started falling out, and I had read that somewhere between 10-14 days it would.

That said, if does come out if you give it a little "tug" and the funny thing is - is that there is no feeling of the hair being pulled, it just comes out...!  I don't want you to get the wrong impression, I don't sit here, rocking in a corner pulling out handfuls of hair like some deranged thing from an old black-and-white horror movie.  It's just that I have been curious as to if it will, and when it will, fall out.  Some day soon me thinks...

No comments:

Post a Comment