Wednesday 8 September 2010

2010/09/08 - Day 8 of 63, a whinge

It's day 8 - that means I've been through a whole week of this chemotherapy treatment, so that means only another eight to go... (hopefully).  It's been a very interesting week for a number of reasons, I believe I am handling the situation very well, but it is very definitely a different type of handling to both of my original diagnosises (I can't spell).  I wonder whether/what I would have felt like if I'd been initially diagnosed as a stage 2.

When originally diagnosed it was a case of just getting on with it, get operated on and recover (okay first time round there was some prophylactic radiation) but recovery was quick.  Radiation wasn't pleasant, but I managed to keep a normal life going (work in the morning, radiation in the afternoon and home), also the immediate side effects weren't too bad (just so long as you took it "easy" and had the anti-sickness meds).

But this time, well may be it's because of how run down chemotherapy makes you feel, perhaps that's the issue.  I spent most of my hospital visit full of adrenaline, and the same the first day(s) home. But now... well the adrenaline has gone and I just feel "ill", you know the type of thing, where you feel much better after a steady day and a decent night's sleep...  I'm waiting for the up turn, and currently feel like there is no energy anywhere; my head feels "muzzy", my hearing periodically strange, my hands and forearms "odd" and my stomach feels unwell and my taste, well lets just say that everything tastes of stale medicine at the moment!

I think what really annoys me is that I am usually pretty/very stoical so this level of patheticness(?) is something I don't enjoy.

Right I feel better now after that whinge, time to logon to work and see if there's anything I can do...

No comments:

Post a Comment