Friday 29 October 2010

29/10/2010 Day 59 - The last drugs

Today's the day!  The day of my last administered BEP drugs...  My final bag of bleomycin!  And as a cerebration(?!) those nice people at The Christie really speeded through the whole process.  They were really busy but somehow everything was done-and-dusted by, what, 13:30!

They somehow have me down on the notes as "pathetic male" when it comes to the cannula part.  Admittedly I don't much like that bit, and admittedly I did faint on the first bleo outpatient appointment - but there were mitigating circumstances, and it did take them three attempts.  Anyhow, because of this they still managed to find me a complementary foot massage lady (Joanne).  Sadly she didn't arrive until after the cannula, but that meant that I could just enjoy the indulgence!!

So that's it for treatment.  My oncologist came in  for a quick chat and we (he!) booked me in for my CT scan and follow-up visit at the end of November/beginning of December.  So those are the dates to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment