Tuesday 26 October 2010

26/10/2010 Day 56 - This is work calling

Yesterday, after some self imposed exile, I logged back into work and found a stack load of emails to deal with (amongst other things).  Given that I've been out of action for 8+ weeks now it is quite amazing to see just how far the old place has progressed since I last got in touch.

One email in my list was from the boss who (and I quote) said:

"Excuse the less than tactful approach, but when are you going to be back working again... 1st Nov, 8th Nov..."

Now given the amount of support I've had from work (the boss) he can pretty much be  as tactless as he likes - he has been little short of amazing during this whole process.

We had a couple of emails on the subject and basically as/when my immune system is sorted.  Actually there is a bit more because he (and I) want to get back to working ASAP.  So today was my first day "back", well in terms of working from home - but actually working.  It is good to be doing something rather than just clock watching for the next set of drugs, or the next day of the process!

Friday is the last set of drugs (bleomycin) and hopefully 8th November sees the proper return to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment