Saturday 2 October 2010

02/10/2010 Day 32 of 63 - Half way through!!!

No post for a while (a week?) well that's been deliberate, in some respects.  This last week (since coming home from my three day inpatient bit of cycle 2) has been truly awful.  I thought in cycle 1 I hit "rock bottom", and that pre-warned I'd get through the "bad patch" of cycle 2 better with the knowledge that it'd be better soon...

Well, in short - no!  This week has been a real low point.  The weekend wasn't too bad, but I knew I was also cooking up a cold.  Come Monday and I was very unwell - no temperature but very rough, and this lasted pretty much until Friday morning when I felt decidedly better (my missus would disagree and said I still looked dreadful, but I did feel much much better).  So I put Monday, through Thursday down to a very bad experience.  I even rang up the Christies emergency chemotherapy hotline (aka lifeline) to make sure that this cold wasn't too serious.  Thankfully it wasn't, just a virus and as long my temperature stayed okay just grind it out...

So four/five days of racing pulse (somewhere around 120 bpm, when it used to be 60-ish), splitting headache (yes I could take paracetamol but that would mask any temperature issues) and very little sleep (waking up every 1.5 hours and taking an absolute age to get back to sleep).  Yes I am a male, and perhaps the above is nothing more than standard "man-flu" but last week was very, very hard...

Now come Friday morning, I feel a bit (much!) better.  Still got this cold but feeling like the worst is past.  Now my big issue is am I well enough for my date with a bag of bleomycin?  Thankfully the answer to that was... yes and Friday at Christies was a better experience.

Better for three reasons, firstly I had the drugs, secondly the nurse got the cannula in in one go (big result) and third, because I was so very stressed about the whole thing I got a homoeopathic foot massage from the very sensual Julie whilst being cannulaed and waiting for my blood results...

So now onward and upward.  And today is another big milestone.  If my maths is correct I'm now halfway through - just one more three day session and three more bleo-outpatients.  Oh and I am feeling on the up!

No comments:

Post a Comment