Wednesday 8 December 2010

Shrunken Lump

Well it sounds like it could be the name of a 1970's horror film, or kung fu movie, but no it's about my relapsed lymph node.

Saw my oncologist on Monday and he said my lump had reduced to 1.2cm.  To put this in context, it started at 1.8 (when I was diagnosed as relapsing), then grew to 2.4 (by the morning of my first chemo session) and now in my first scan post-chem it's back to 1.2cm.  So for me that's a result and I am very happy with where it is up to.  Hopefully it'll shrink some more and my next scan (6 months time) will show that.

One slight wrinkle is that it is still above the magic threshold of 1cm, and as such my notes have been referred to the surgical team for them to decide whether or not it needs to be removed.  My suspicion is that they'll leave it alone, at least until after my next scan.

So from my naive position I am back on surveillance and that's a result.

Now the only big-C left to worry about (at the moment) is Christmas... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment